The following pages contain static information, and can be updated from the Pages sub menu within WordPress:
- About Us
- Contact Us
The Contact Us page also incorporates a email form “Contact Shinrai”, created using Ninja Forms
The rest of the pages contain dynamic information, controlled by WordPress Plug Ins, details as follows:
About Us | Instructors
Information on Instructors can be added or updated using the “Products” sub menu. The instructors are then added individually using their specific Shortcode to the “Products” page, order in line with their grade and seniority.
Information about the instructor, e.g Dan grade etc can be edited as needed.
Instructors should be added to the Instructor category, and also to their specific Dan grade rating.
The Classes information can be accessed and updated in the “Store Locator Plus” sub menu. Clicking on Locations will display a list of the existing classes, you then have the option of Adding, Editing or deleting classes.
Format used is as follows:
- Name : Location followed by instructor(s), e.g “Egham – Sensei Carol David”
- Address : the location of the class.
- Latitude and Longitude : this is updated automatically using the address and postcode.
- Website : a link to the contact page for that Instructor, created using “Ninja Forms” plug in
- Hours : the times and restrictions of the course, e.g “Tuesday 19:30 Seniors – All Grades”
[The Store Locator Plus information about classes is added to the Classes page using the following wordpress shortcode : SLPLUS ]
Galleries and images can be added using the “FooGallery” sub menu.
- Step 1 : Click on the “Add Gallery” sub menu within “FooGallery”
- Step 2 : Enter a title for your gallery
- Step 3 : Click the “Add Media” button, and then upload the images
- Step 4 : Click on Publish
- Step 5 : Click on the “Albums” sub menu within FooGallery
- Step 6 : Click on the “Shinrai” album to edit it
- Step 7 : Click on the new Gallery created in Steps 1 – 4 to add it to the Shinrai Album
- Step 8 : Click on Update
The new gallery will then be automatically added to the “Gallery” page.
[The FooGallery gallery is added to the page using the following wordpress shortcode : foogallery-album id=”236″ ]
Events can be added and amended using the “Events” sub menu within WordPress. Add an event, as follows:
- Step 1 : Click on “Add New” within “Events”
- Step 2 : Give the event a title
- Step 3 : Write a description, and upload any media/forms.
- Step 4 : Enter the date, time and location of the event. The location can be selected from a drop down list, or a new location can be entered if required.
- Step 5 : Select the type of Event Category on the right hand side of the page, ie. Course, Grading, Social or Tournament
- Step 6 : Click on Publish
Venues, Event Categories and other settings can also be updated using the SubMenu’s on the left hand, beneath Events
Access to the events page is controlled within the “Events | Settings” submenu using the URL Slug
The posts on the “Latest News” page are pulled in from the Shinrai Facebook page, News items should therefore be added to Facebook.
Equipment can be added or updated using the “Products” sub menu. When adding a new piece of equipment, it needs to be set to an appropriate Equipment correct category, it will then be automatically included on the equipment page.
[The Equipment listing is added to the page using the following wordpress shortcode : show_products category=”23″]