Kihon - Basics
Understanding of dojo etiquette
|Stances :||Fudo Dachi||Formal Stance|
|Heiko Dachi||Parallel Stance|
|Zenkutsu Dachi||Forward Leaning Stance|
|Strikes :||Jodan Tsuki||Upper Punch|
|Chudan Tsuki||Middle Punch|
|Gedan Tsuki||Lower punch|
|Blocks :||Jodan Uke||Upper Block|
|Mae Gedan Barai||Lower Sweeping Block|
|Kicks :||Hiza Geri||Knee Kick|
|Kin Geri||Groin Kick|
- Demonstrate use of Jodan Uke against attack to the head
- Demonstrate use of Gedan Barai against grab to the wrist
- Zenkutsu Dachi : 60% weight on front leg, 40% on back. Front knee is bent over the front foot and the back leg is straight with the heel on the floor.
- Heiko Dachi : Feet parallel with the outside edges of feet inside shoulder width.
- Jodan Tsuki : Punch to your head height.
- Chudan Tsuki : Punch one fist lower than your shoulder; The elbow of the other hand is pulled right back with the fist pressed against your side, keep the back elbow tucked in.
- Kin Geri : Lift the knee and snap foot forward and pull it back with knee still lifted before returning foot to the floor.