Kihon - Basics
Understanding of how to tie the karate belt
|Stances :||Sanchin Dachi||Diamond Stance|
|Strikes :||Gyaku Tsuki Jodan||Upper Reverse Punch|
|Gyaku Tsuki Chudan||Middle Reverse Punch|
|Gyaku Tsuki Gedan||Lower Reverse Punch|
|Blocks :||Chudan Uchi Uke||Inside Middle Block|
|Chudan Soto Uke||Outside Middle Block|
|Kicks :||Mae Keage||Front Pendulum Kick|
|Mae Geri Chudan||Front Kick to Stomach|
|Kata :||Kumite Kata||Kata based on Hip Rotation|
- Demonstrate use of Chudan Uchi Uke and Chudan Soto Uke against a grab to the throat or a push to the chest.
- Working in Zenkutsu Dachi, apply Chudan Uchi Uke and Chudan.
- Soto Uke against Chudan Tsuki, follow up with Gyaku Tsuki counter punch.
- Sanchin Dachi – Diamond Stance : 60% weight on the front leg, 40% on the back. Feet are turned inwards with the toes of the back foot in line with the heel of the front foot
- For Mae Geri and Mae Keage : point the ankle forward and pull the toes back, these strikes are executed with the ball of the foot.
Strength and Fitness